8 Ways To Save On Valentine's Day
Well, it's Valentine's Day, have you made plans? Are you fresh out of cash? Having the perfect night out doesn't mean you need to break the budget. Here are eight ideas for a thrifty Valentine's Day date:
1. Cook a romantic dinner at home instead of eating at an overpriced restaurant. Set the ambiance with some scented candles and soft music, and save a bundle!
2. Make your own gift. Instead of buying a pricey piece of jewelry, frame a nice picture of the two of you or write a meaningful card.
3. If you are going out to eat, make sure to check Groupon, LivingSocial and RetailMeNot for deals on restaurants near you before making reservations.
4. Skip the wine bottle at the restaurant and save a bundle.
5. Explore the great outdoors! It may be cold out, but you can still have fun just enjoying the fresh air. Bundle up and take a refreshing walk under the stars. Or, if it's snowy out, build a snowman! Then, go home and warm up in front of the fireplace with steaming mugs of hot chocolate.
6. Get yourself a great workout and have a fantastically fun date by going ice or roller-skating!
7. Get cultured on a budget by taking advantage of a local museum's free or discounted rates at specific times or nights.
8. Crack up at the neighborhood comedy club. Entrance tickets can be as cheap as $5 apiece!
Your Turn: How do you save on a date without compromising on the quality of the evening? Share your best tips with us in the comments!